Hex Medieval-Fantasy Locations
This is a set of lovingly hand-painted 2D medieval/fantasy hex location tiles suitable for a videogame overworld, a strategy game, boardgame-like visuals, or for your...
This is a set of lovingly hand-painted 2D medieval/fantasy hex location tiles suitable for a videogame overworld, a strategy game, boardgame-like visuals, or for your next RPG campaign!
- expands upon my basic terrain assets for those interested in making medieval-fantasy themed games
- 119 hex tiles (over 60 unique location types, some on different terrain types, some with multiple variations)
- painted at 256x384 pixels so that towers, mountains, and trees can overlap the tiles behind
- includes 85 road tiles for all possible permutations of hex grid roads (some of single variation, some of two)
- includes 169 "decor" sprites which can be placed on any background terrain texture (these include versions of the hex locations with the underlying terrain removed)
Location types included - farmland (with burned versions); also includes silo, barn versions - villages; includes wood, thatched-roof, and burnt-down versions - many castle & stronghold variations, some ruined; some built of stone, some of wood - pyramids & desert ruins - oasis - graveyard - marketplace - church - windmill - smithy - inn - forester's cabin - walled city - mines, caves, gated dwarven mine - stonehenge - temple & ruined temple - halfling village - necromancer's tower - lava-filled cave - elven lodge
All assets are included as individual transparent-background png files. The base hex size is 256x256 plus vertical overlap. Decor sprites are of arbitrary size, but generally smaller than the hexes. Road sprites include a directional byte code in their names (you'll understand when you see them).
1.0: April 2016 - First Release
1.1: March 2016 - flipped incorrectly placed road tile (hexRoad-001011-00.png) - added smaller versions of the grass and dirt villages (8 tiles added) - slight tweaks and fixes to various tiles
1.2: March 2019 - updated base terrain for all sprites (improved landscape hexes) - added 13 or so new location hexes (66 total) - added 117 decor sprites - slight tweaks and fixes to various tiles
1.3.0: December 2022 - added 53 new location hexes (for 119 total) - added 52 decor sprites - slight tweaks and fixes to various tiles
You will get 1 file
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library