Painting a Character Key Art Illustration
This tutorial focuses on how to paint a character concept illustration that can be used as a wallpaper, splash screen, board game cover, book cover...
This tutorial focuses on how to paint a character concept illustration that can be used as a wallpaper, splash screen, board game cover, book cover, poster, and other marketing collaterals. This is based on my original character which can be found here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qGWbn
The style I would use is a painterly style that takes advantage of rough brushes to get a more organic look. I would discuss my thought process by starting from my idea, composition, tangents, blocking, lighting, painting/rendering, post processing, and of course my personal techniques.
This tutorial is targeted to beginner and intermediate artists who want to take their illustrative skills to the next level.
Release Date: May 21, 2018
Disclaimer: My views and painting process in this tutorial might be different from my current views.
- JPEG Final Image (5000 x 2813 pixels)
- JPEG process steps
- Layered PSD (5000 x 2813 pixels)
- 4 part 1080p HD video* demo worth 3 hours (no voice, 5x speed)
- Short video commentary of thought process and techniques
- Mixer brush tool preset
- Reference Images
Get my brushes and other free stuff: https://cubebrush.co/deivcalviz
Help me fund my passion for personal art! Thank you very much!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email me at [email protected]
My other websites:
You will get 11 files
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library
- Akantha_Splash.jpg6.03 MB
- Akantha_Splash_Process.zip114.4 MB
- Akantha_Splash_PSD.psd245.46 MB
- Akantha_01_Thumbnails.mp4229.32 MB
- Akantha_02_MainCharacter.mp41.15 GB
- Akantha_03_Monsters.mp4802.86 MB
- Akantha_04_Finalization.mp4276.14 MB
- Akantha_VoiceOverV3.mp4301.04 MB
- Akantha_VoiceOverV3.srt22.15 KB
- MixerbrushSmudger.tpl1.42 MB
- Reference Images.zip11.91 MB